With a fresh new perspective on contemporary jazz, Scott Paddock has redefined the sound of the modern saxophonist. His soulful combination of jazz and funk create an explosion of high energy grooves that will make you fall in love with the saxophone all over again.
Scott’s resume covers the musical gamut of performance, recording, and education.
• PERFORMANCE: Scott has performed with: Bela’ Fleck, Little Feat, Bootsy Collins, Warren Haynes, Lenny Pickett, Billy Bob Thorton, Jackson Browne, and as a soloist with The Maryland Symphony. Scott has also shared the stage as an opening act for: Ray Charles, Gladys Knight, LeAnn Womack, and Natalie Cole. For a full list of performance credits click here.
• RECORDING: Scott has performed in countless tv & theatrical releases, including: The Help, Monsters Inc., Bones, The Dog Whisperer, Friday Night Lights, Family Feud, Scrubs, Oliver Stone’s Savages, Everybody Loves Raymond, Without A Trace, What Not To Wear, and Cougar Town. For a full list of recording session credits click here.
•MUSIC EDUCATOR: Scott teaches master classes and clinics based on his jazz method book, “Break It Down – Jazz Concepts For the Saxophone.” Scott also teaches private lessons in the Baltimore area, and is available for skype lessons via the internet.
•SOLO ARTIST: Scott has released two contemporary jazz CDs, both of which have received national airplay, and positive reviews in publications such as “Jazz Times.” Another Day, and From within are both available at live performances as well as on iTunes. Another Day iTunes link. From Within iTunes link.
• Alto Saxophone – Scott is endorsed by P. Mauriat and plays a 67-RX influence.
• Mouth Piece – A custom meyer 7 that was doctored by Bob Ackerman.
• Reeds – Rico Jazz Select #3 soft/filed
• Ligature – Rico H